June 26 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Please join us for a paddle and picnic on Lake Dillon – a scenic treasure in Summit County, CO. This Denver Water reservoir is surrounded by the mountains of the Ten Mile Range, the Continental Divide, and the Gore Range. We’ll enjoy a morning paddle from the Frisco Bay Marina toward islands and bays of the reservoir. We will either picnic onshore on an island or back at the Marina Park, pending water levels. This is an ACA-sanctioned trip which requires either an ACA membership or $10 for insurance.
“Frisco Bay Marina is a certified clean marina located on the shores of scenic Dillon Reservoir in the heart of Summit County, Colorado. Frisco Bay Marina sits on the eastern end of Frisco’s charming Main Street and brings lake life to this quintessential mountain town with boat and paddle sport rentals, a sandy beach and waterside dining.
- The Reservoir spans 3,300 acres and boasts 27 miles of shoreline surrounded by majestic peaks.
- At 9,017 ft. in elevation, the boating season is weather dependent, but typically runs from early June to early or mid-September.
- Dillon Reservoir is also a world class destination for sailing and regattas are regularly held on the reservoir.”
As a first time RMCC Trip Coordinator, I am limiting participation to 6 boats for simplicity. If anyone has a tandem canoe that I can paddle with, I need a spot or I will rent/borrow a boat. Specific directions and meet location will be provided to participants closer to the trip date to allow flexibility for conditions at the Frisco Bay Marina and water levels. We will be off the water by 12:30 PM to avoid typical afternoon gusty winds.
Directions to Frisco Bay Marina from I-70 at Frisco Exit 203:
- Head south on CO-9 S/N Summit Blvd toward Lusher Ct (1.1 mi)
- Turn left onto Marina Rd (0.2 mi)
- Destination is straight ahead.
Frisco Bay Marina
267 Marina Rd, Frisco, CO 80443
Please RSVP to Jan Dudley (contact info below) by the preceding Wednesday.
Coordinator: Jan Dudley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 719-821-2523