The Interest Survey for 2022 trips will go live this Saturday, January 1. You will receive a link to access this survey that day. The survey will remain active until January 15, 2022.
The survey will allow you to indicate which trips/classes are of interest to you for the coming year. It is also an opportunity for you to volunteer to help with a trip or to offer to coordinate a second group if there is much interest in the trip. This information will help coordinators better make plans. This is not an official sign up for events (sign ups will be announced when coordinators have confirmed trip plans).
Lottery permitted rivers are listed. Members will be able to form groups and join forces to coordinate lottery applications to hopefully increase chances of securing a permit.
This 2 page PDF lists all events that will be on the survey (in the order that they will appear on the survey.) You can use this as you consider what you’d like to do and what trips you may need to get more information on or have questions you’d like to ask at the Jan. 9th Zoom gathering.
Here are some great resources for river trip information:
- Trip reports on our RMCC website are a great resource for learning more about trips that might interest you.
- Go to the club website, https://rockymountaincanoeclub.net/
- Click on the “Posts” tab in the upper right
- Select “Trip Reports”. You’ll be able to scroll through past trip reports and get a sense of a variety of trips.
- American Whitewater website. They have an excellent river search function. You can search by State and Class and perhaps find something new to run. Click here.
- Additionally, one of our “sister clubs” Poudre Paddlers, has excellent, and extensive river descriptions which they welcome us to peruse. Click here.
We are looking forward to an exciting and busy paddling season coming up! Instructional clinics lined up –including Trip Coordinator training for those of you who may be thinking of coordinating but need a little more information and confidence! So, start thinking about what you’d like to do.
We look forward to seeing you at the January 9th, 7pm-9 pm Planning and Permit Party!