Quartermaster List of Items
RMCC has gear and other stuff that members can borrow for trips. If you want to borrow something please contact the Quartermaster to make reservations and arrange pickup.
To borrow the club’s tandem canoe, see the Canoe Loans page for details.
If you have unused gear in good condition that you would like to donate to the club, please contact the Quartermaster or President. And thanks!
- Stainless-steel steam-table pan, 1 ea.
- Modified BBQ grill approved for use in National Parks, used with a heavy welders blanket to protect the critters in the ground, 1 ea
|20 x 40 foot tent and poles in 2 bags, heavy, used for Rendezvous.
|Screened wall tent, dome, about 12 x 12 x 7 feet, 20 lbs
- Two 100-use toilets
- One 50-use toilet
- One group toilet stored in Boulder
Clean and sanitize after use! See also the links below if you would prefer to have your own.
- Werner synthetic canoe paddle — 56 inches
- Synthetic kayak paddle — 96 inches
A large Type III PFD with knife attachment
Care notes: Please be responsible; clean and repair any equipment before returning it!
Stoecker Book Collection
- A Canoeing and Kayaking Guide to the Streams of Florida; Volume I, North Central Peninsula and Panhandle, Elizabeth F. Carter and John L. Pearce, 1985, Menasha Ridge Press
- A Canoeing and Kayaking Guide to the Streams of Florida; Volume II, Central and South Peninsula, Lou Glaros and Doug Sphar, 1987, Menasha Ridge Press
- Arkansas River Guide – Granite to Canon City, Colorado; Thomas G. Ramton, 1996, Blacktail Enterprises (about $95 used)
- Beyond the Paddle – A canoeist’s Guide to Expedition Skills: Poling, Lining, Portaging and Maneuvering through Ice; Garrett Conover, 1991, Tillbury House publishers (About $35 used)
- Blender – Colorado River Dog, Ed Martley, 1997, Top Dog Publishing (About $22 Used)
- Canoe and Kayak Trip Guide – for the Central Interior of British Columbia; Northwest Brigade Canoe Club, 1983
- Canoe Routes – British Columbia; Richard Wright and Rochelle Wright, 1980, Douglas and McIntyre
- Canoe Trails of the Deep South; Chuck Estes, Elizabeth F. Carter, and Byron Almquist, 1991, Menasha Ridge Press
- Canoeing Wild Rivers – A Primer to North American Expedition Canoeing; Cliff Jacobson, 1984, ICS Books Inc.
- Cold Summer Wind; Clayton Klein, 1983, Wilderness House Books (Canada’s North Country)
- Colorado Whitewater – A guide to the most difficult Rivers and Streams of the Rocky Mountain Region; Jim Stohlquist, 1982, Colorado Kayak Supply
- Decide to Return; 2 CD set, American Canoe Association, 2007, Walkabout Productions, Inc.
- Floaters Guide to Colorado; Doug Wheat, 1983, Falcon Press
- Freestyle Canoeing – Contemporary Paddling Technique; Lou Glaros and Charlie Wilson, 1994, Menasha Ridge Press
- Fundamentals of Kayak Navigation; David Burch, 1987, The Globe Pequot Press
- Heads up! – River Rescue for River Runners; 1 CD, American Canoe Association, 1993, Walkabout Productions, Inc.
- Hell or High Water – James White’s Disputed Passage through the Grand Canyon; Eilean Adams, 2001, Utah State University Press
- Keep it Moving – Baja by Canoe; Valerie Fons, 1986, The Mountaineers
- Paddle and Portage – The Floaters Guide to Wyoming Rivers; Dan Lewis, 1991, Hawks Book Co. (Free on line version available)
- Paddle to the Amazon – The Ultimate 12,000-Mile Canoe Adventure; Don Starkel, 1988, McClelland and Stewart
- Paddling Montana; Hank and Carol Fischer, 1999, Falcon Publishing
- Paddling the Sunshine Coast; Dorothy and Bodhi Drope, 1997 Harbor Publishing (Howe Sound to Desolation Sound – Straits of Georgia, BC) (about $20 used)
- River Trails, Bayous and Back Roads – Louisiana, a dream state; 1984, The Louisiana Office of Tourism
- Rivers of the Southwest – A Boaters Guide to the Rivers of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Arizona; Fletcher Anderson and Ann Hopkinson, 1982, Pruett Publishing (about $20 used)
- Running the Amazon; Joe Cane, 1989, Vantage Books
- Soggy Sneakers – A guide to Oregon Rivers; Willamette Kayak and Canoe Club, 1994
- Solo Playboating -The Workbook; Kent Ford, 1997, Performance Video
- Song of the Paddle – An Illustrated Guide to Wilderness Camping; Bill Mason, 1988, Key Porter Books
- The Basic Essentials of Canoe Poling; Harry Rock, 1992, ICS Books (About $17 used)
- The Basic Essentials of Weather Forecasting; Michael Hodgson, ICS Books
- Thrill of the Paddle – The Art of Whitewater Canoeing; Paul Mason and Mark Scriver, Firefly Books
- Whitewater Trips – for Kayakers, Canoeists, and Rafters in British Columbia: Greater Vancouver through Whistler, Okanagan and Thompson River Regions; Betty Pratt-Johnson, 1986, Adventure Publishing