Please see the Rendezvous flier attached to the website calendar event or Rendezvous flier for specifics about the event — days (adding Monday this year), runs, meals, competitions (cooking, rope throw and knots), costs, directions, etc. In addition:
- Please RSVP to Kathryn so we have a sense of how many will be boating on which days.
- Remember to bring/use the recommended and required safety gear for the runs you plan to make — see Requirements and Recommendations — including helmets and air bags
- Check out our loaner equipment and contact our Quartermaster Miry if you need to borrow any equipment, including a canoe
- Advertise to members via the GoogleGroup (and contact Kathryn) if you need a tandem partner or want to carpool.
- Offer to host or sweep a run — contact Kathryn; help with a mentoring run — contact Instruction Poobah Debbie
- Grand County does not currently have fire restrictions in effect, so participants are welcome to bring firewood IF you are willing to CAREFULLY tend the fire AND Dutch Oven cooking is back for the Saturday potluck and cooking competition.
- Grand County does not currently have covid restrictions in place but expect to wear a mask and travel with windows rolled down during shuttles. If you are not able/wanting to do so, please offer to drive shuttle and solicit other non-maskers for your particular shuttle. Grand County recommends:
- Get vaccinated and boosted if you are eligible
- Wear a mask in public indoor spaces regardless of vaccine status (shuttles!)
- Interact with others in outdoor spaces or well ventilated areas whenever possible (What could be better than boating and camping?!)
- Distance yourself 6 feet from others outside of your household (A little difficult during shuttles and river rescues, but masks and open car windows, at least, for the shuttles are doable.)
- Get tested if you are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- Stay home if you are sick or waiting for a COVID test result
- Wash your hands frequently (wash station and handsan will be available)
- Cover your coughs and sneeze with a tissue or your elbow (always!!)
Hope to see you at Rendezvous!
Kathryn (see our contact page for Miry, Debbie, and my contact information)
P.S. I am out boating and may not reply to emails until July 26.
This is an ACA-sanctioned event — current ACA annual membership or $10 event fee required for all boating participants (RMCC members and non-member guests)