Join us for the annual summer RMCC get-together! Day trips, camp cooking competition, boater skills competitions (knot tying, throw roping, etc.), potluck supper, pancake breakfast, etc. Trips available for all skill levels, water level cooperating (Class I, Class II, and Class III). And we are hoping to offer at least one mentored run (not a class) for skills building. This will be an ACA-sanctioned outing/event which requires EITHER ACA membership OR a $10/person insurance fee and helmets for all Class II sections and above.
We have expanded our group camping to Friday, Saturday AND Sunday nights and are planning to accommodate trailers — but please park to minimize occupying more than one space or occupy your own individual campsite near the group sites
This event is only possible with the assistance of many volunteers so if you’d like to help with one of the following, please let me know:
- be a Trip Coordinator for one of the Saturday, Sunday or Monday runs;
- partner with a beginner or novice or help with the mentoring run;
- orchestrate a competition — rope throw, knot tying, other?
- set up and take down the group canopy (Fri night and Sunday or Monday after breakfast);
- help with the Saturday group supper:
- loan a Dutch oven to a novice;
- help organize the Dutch oven competition;
- bring supplies; wrangle recycling and trash
- help with the Pancake Breakfast on Sunday;
- bring firewood and manage a fire;
- site clean-up and trash removal on Sunday/Monday morning.
Let me know if you’re coming to this great weekend event – an accurate roster means we’ll have enough supplies on hand!
Contact Event Coordinator Kathryn Mutz, 303-499-1092 gvmutz at gmail.com if you plan on joining us for this fun filled weekend.